Wednesday, March 20, 2013

8 ways to wear a flannel shirt (comfy and cute)! Pt 2

Here's part 2 of my post;  8 ways to wear a flannel shirt (comfy and cute)!  Remember, you can wear your flannel over any type of clothes you want (dress/skirt/pants/shorts) and these looks will work.  Part 1 was all fully buttoned up looks.  Now, lets get unbuttoned...

UNBUTTONED LOOKS:



Unbutton the shirt and wear it like a jacket.



Add a belt to your high waist with the shirt unbuttoned (looks good when fully or partially buttoned too).


 
 Tie the opened flannel at the low waist.


Or tie it at your high waist.



I thought I was done but at the last minute I came up with this way to wear a flannel.  It's tied up in the back and looks like a shrug!  *End pics show how...

Wear it unbuttoned.



Button one shrug button, second from the top.



Or button two buttons if you want.



I especially love the look of this flannel turned shrug with the topmost button buttoned.  It's like a choker!  

It would look cute with an actual choker or short necklace around the collar.  A tie, bow or collar tips would also look super cute especially with the last look.



This is how I knotted the back of the flannel so that it looked like a fitted shrug in front.



Then I thought to tuck the knot under up into the shirt for a more seem-less look. 

I love the shrug look!  Never thought a flannel could go from lumberjack to cutesy :-D

That's it!  Actually these part 2 looks are pretty spring friendly in my opinion, so  maybe it's not that bad that it took me so long to post this look-book-type-thing :-]

*Note:  I realize you can also wear a flannel under things, like a blazer, sweater, vest, or possibly a dress.  My goal in this post was to have the flannel be the star piece, not be hidden underneath something else.  

**It is also possible to wear this flannel and other button ups as a skirt, I haven't mastered how to do this yet but Youtuber lx3lally has.  I just watched her video DIY: Long Sleeve Shirts into Skirts (No Sewing) again and she makes it look so easy!  I'm going to try it again.  Here she is (below) in the shirt turned skirt.


So imagine the flannel as this skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment