Thursday, March 13, 2014

Confessions of a Beauty Addict: Eyeshadow Palettes


I'm having a craving.  I've got tons of eyeshadow palettes, yet every time I see a new pretty one, I want more!  I've been on a neutrals kick lately.  Specifically, I want pretty (not poopy) matte shades of brown that are in my skin tone, slightly lighter, and slighter darker than my skin.  Many palettes have these types of shades for lighter, caucasian skin tones, but I find that the medium brown shades often just blend in to my brown african american skin tone.  They tend to just look dull and powdery, or invisible, not pretty and eye brightening like the beiges tend to do for light people.  I already have a palette like the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (see my post here, and a makeup look here), I just got a Naked 3 like palette as well as Coastal Scents' Revealed palette too.  Still, palettes like the Lorac pro palette and Nude tude by the balm are really peaking my interest.
 
Well actually I had already bought cheaper versions of those 2 palettes :-/ (just waiting for them to arrive in the mail) but still, like a true addict I want more!  In order to calm down and refrain from buying, I have started pulling out pieces from my collection of palettes whenever I have a craving, in order to show myself that I already have whatever colors that I want in the palettes that I have.

This time I decided to play around with 3 palettes; Urban Decay Oz Glinda palette, bh cosmetics 26 neutral eyeshadow and blush palette, and Coastal Scents 28 neutral eyeshadow palette, which were each under $20.

I was swatching for my own sake (sanity), so they are not very pretty.  Some of the shades blend in with my skin and therefore aren't very visible.  But I figured I should share my process with the other beauty addicts out there.



The top short row is the Glinda palette, the middle row is the Coastal Scents 28 neutral eyeshadow, and the bottom row is the bh cosmetics 26 neutral eyeshadow and blush palette.


Anyone else have any beauty addictions that they'd like to share, and how they attempt to stop the cravings?

Let me know if you'd like a more detailed review on any of these palettes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment